Football Education – BTEC Level 2/3
Fleetwood Town Community Trust are now offering this exciting and innovative programme to 16-17 year olds. Learners will have the opportunity to train in Futsal for up to 8 hours a week with Fleetwood Town FC Coaches, under the direction of the Football League Trust. Training will be supplemented with fortnightly regular fixtures against other teams, representing professional clubs, in the Football League Trust Futsal League.
The Football Education programme is a level 2/3 academic programme that uses the sports of football as the hook to engage the learners.
It is a two year programme, consisting of the following outcomes;
- Level 2/3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – Up to 3 A Levels
- Regular coaching with club coaching staff
- Minimum of fortnightly fixtures
- Sports Leaders Awards
- Coaching Awards, such as the beginners guide to Futsal and the level 1 referees awards.
The course is designed to provide multiple exit routes for learners, such as;
- University Degree
- Foundation Degree
- Employment in leisure industry for example with community department of local club, or as a coach/referee
- Employment in other sectors
- International/ professional Futsal player
If you would like to express your interest for September 2017 please download and fill out our Application Form 2017 and send it to the following address;
FTFC Community Trust, Fleetwood Town FC Training Ground, Poolfoot Farm, Butts Road, Thornton-Cleveleys, FY5 4HX